Journaling has been invaluable to my mental health – it’s helped me understand my thoughts, emotions and feelings more and as well as prompted me to look at my life from different perspectives and angles. Most prompts go quite deep and can create heavier thoughts, so I thought I’d share some more light-hearted ones. You can always take these prompts to a deeper level by asking yourself why you gave that answer. You might also just want to leave the answer the way it is. These prompts also make nice questions to ask among friends/coworkers/students.
FUN AND CREATIVE JOURNAL PROMPTS
- If you were reincarnated as an animal, based on your personality, what animal do you think you would come back as?
- What color best describes you and why?
- What’s the most vivid memory in the kitchen of your childhood?
- Take a personality quiz. What do you think of the results?
- If you could only speak twenty words for the rest of your life, what words would head your list and why?
- Which character from a book or movie would you most like to meet and why? What would you ask?
- What would you do it all the electricity in the world just stopped? (have you ever unplugged your Wi-Fi?)
- If you had to evacuate your home because of a natural disaster, what three things would you take with you?
- If you had to give up one of your senses – which one would you give up?
- If you could decide what happens in your life tomorrow, what would you want to happen?
- If you won €1,000,000 at the lottery, what would you buy?
- If you went back in time, what year would you go to and why?
- If everyone was mentally incapable of lying, what would the world look like?